About Greenbelt Live
Greenbelt Live is a community blog and website for Greenbelt, Maryland and environs. Here you’ll find stories and features about the arts, culture, people, and causes that people in Greenbelt care about, written by the people of Greenbelt.
Send us your Links, your Stories, your Photos, your Videos!
We welcome stories, photos and/or videos by Greenbelt residents of any age. Just email Greenbelt Live with your ideas for the blog. Suggested topics include:
- What’s happening at your school
- Home renovations
- Profiles of interesting neighbors
- Environmental issues that you feel need more attention
- Useful how-to’s about anything
- Photos of your pets
- Videos about anything or anyone local
- Et cetera, et cetera
And if you know of a website or blog of local interest that should be added to our Greenbelt Online Directory, send it along.
- Editor/Contributor Susan Harris began blogging in 2005 on the topic of gardening, which developed into a second career as a garden writer. In addition to her individual blog and website about sustainable gardening, she writes for Behnkes Nursery, Homestead Gardens, the Lawn Reform Coalition (which she founded), and the award-winning team blog GardenRant. After 26 years in Takoma Park, where she wrote for the Takoma Voice, Susan moved to Old Greenbelt in late 2011 and started Greenbelt Live in order to get to know her new community.
- Kim Rush-Lynch is a health coach, nutritional consultant, PLAYcoach and the owner of Cultivating Health, a business that’s been providing coaching, education and support for individuals and organizations to learn and practice healthy eating, playing and loving life since 2007. Her fun, interactive and supportive approach helps clients find joy and healing through playful eating practices, play and other forms of self-nourishment. In 2011, Kim teamed up with Chelsea Calhoun, a Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor, and created a program called Play. Love. Achieve Youthfulness (PLAY). PLAY shows clients how to use food and movement to create vibrant health and fun in their busy lives. Kim’s a resident of Old Greenbelt.
- Chelsea L. Calhoun is a fitness professional certified by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America and the National Academy of Sports and Medicine. She is also the owner of Groove Dance Fitness and creator of the Ultimate Groove Workout, a class that incorporates various dance styles with traditional cardiovascular and strength training exercises. Since January 2010, she has taught Ultimate Groove Workout at the Greenbelt Community Center. In 2011, she became a PLAYcoach when she teamed up with Kim Rush Lynch, owner of Cultivating Health, and created the program Play. Love. Achieve Youthfulness. (PLAY), which encourages you to have fun with food and movement. Chelsea is a native of Wheaton, MD, and have lived in Greenbelt since 2002.
- Kristin Fletcher, a Greenbelt Homes communications committee volunteer, managed to build a 20 year career around writing about, promoting and generally supporting the work of nonprofits for some of the many causes she is passionate about, including the arts, education, alternative and women’s health, special needs, cooperative living, and the environment, most recently renewable energy. She has been active on the GHI Communications Committee since 2007, spearheading a newsletter that goes out to 1600 homes and helping develop new ways to get the word out through GHI’s monthly page in the Greenbelt News Review, eNews and Facebook page. Although she was born in the far north of Alaska, having grown up in the Free State she considers herself a Marylander and has lived in Old Greenbelt since 1998.